Thursday, April 17, 2008

About Me - 自己紹介

English
日本語



Name: GlitterBerri
Age: 19
Location: Canada
Interests: Video games, languages, translating, piano, travelling, computers
Currently Playing: Pheonix Wright - Ace Attorney

Learning Japanese:
I started studying Japanese at 15, first self-study and weekly lessons with a friendly neighbor and then in a junior high school class, going on a 10 month exchange to a Tokyo high school in my sophomore year. After returning to Canada I used translating and chatting online as a means of practice and returned to Japan once more after graduating for a second high school exchange of 5 months.

Rotary Club Exchanges
Travel as an exchange student to foreign countries for affordable prices. Host family, support, and group activities with other exchange students also provided.

Tai Kim's Guide to Japanese Grammar
Excellent guide going from the basics of Japanese writing to more advanced grammatical concepts. Great learning material.

First 125 Pages of James W. Heisig's Guide to Remembering the Kanji
Learn to write 30 kanji a day in an hour's study by only writing them once! No joke, this book is awesome!

Beginnings:
I began translating Zelda-related material as a hobby in the fall of 2005 the now-defunct Zelda's Secret Ocarina and gradually branched out into other games and other forms of media like voice acting, movies, interviews, songs, and game scripts.

Other:
I play piano and write, so while the focus of this blog is translating you may find some videos of my playing or errant thoughts to read. I also occasionally host (with permission) material written in conjunction with or given to me by other people. Look at the credits on top of each page to check who was involved.

Contact Me:
Questions? Comments? Found an error? Let me know at berriblog@gmail.com. Input always appreciated!

7 comments:

Cristian Avendaño June 18, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Hope you can go back, you deserve it!
Your blog is great, I aprecciate the effort you put on it ^^

Hugs from Chile!

GlitterBerri June 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

Aw, thank you! I'm glad!

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

i am your fan. Your translations are amazinggg!!

Nils "Acri" May 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Berri! How are you? Hit me up on some chat and let's catch up.

skype: nipibo
ichat/aim: ghraacri
MSN: ghostracoon@hotmail.com

-Acri

iBat July 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Berri, is that you? From GameRanger? It's iBat

GlitterBerri July 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Thanks, Anonymous!

Hi, Acrimonious, I didn't catch your comment. I'll be online sometime in August, I'm travelling at the moment. ^^

iBat, yep, it's me!

iBat July 23, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

Hit me up on iChat sometime Berri. JGuy9280

Content © 2006 - 2009 GlitterBerri except where otherwise stated. For more information or permission to repost contact berriblog@gmail.com.