Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dire Dire Docks on Piano - ピアノでかいぞくのいりえ



Here's Dire Dire Docks on piano!

Sheet music available here, more complete than my version.

You may have noticed by now that my technique for playing piano is kind of strange. For example, I have a lot of superfluous wrist motions that look a bit ridiculous. =) This is a bad habit I've formed because of my small hands, it helps me with legatos and reaching notes. I'm working on correcting it, but these videos are from awhile ago. At any rate, if it's too annoying, just close your eyes and listen!

In the meantime, be sure to check out SatellaBlog where James dispels BS-X rumors and provides some examples of Satellaview radio shows for your listening pleasure.

これはスーパーマリオ64の「海賊の入り江」です。

楽譜はここ

4 comments:

Unknown May 13, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

we need to do a piano/guitar duet sometime :e

Robert Seddon May 14, 2008 at 1:24 AM  

If it works...

People used to tell me I ought to take up the piano precisely because my fingers are so long (though I think my span is still a bit short of Rachmaninoff's). I never did, and I think the idea of being linked to an instrument merely by biological measurement probably didn't exactly encourage me. So... it's good to see you aren't letting finger length hold you back from doing what you want to.

GlitterBerri May 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

Hisaoki, let's. =D You pick the song!

Robert, what do you mean, "if it works"? That's okay, though it's a wonderful thing to be able to play music for yourself. I've heard other people say they get told they should be pianists due to finger length. I wonder who tells trumpeters to trumpet?

Robert Seddon May 16, 2008 at 12:54 AM  

In the sense that, non-standard or not, if it works (in terms of how the result sounds) that's the main thing. Sorry about the ambiguity.

Content © 2006 - 2009 GlitterBerri except where otherwise stated. For more information or permission to repost contact berriblog@gmail.com.