Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dashboard Deity

There's a strange story behind this one... I first heard the lyrics of Plastic Jesus from this quote on Bash.org.

#450297 +(358)- [X]

Plastic Jesus he's my fellow,comes in red and sometimes yellow....ridin' on the dashboard of my car.
I don't care if it rains or freezes,I still got my plastic Jesus.....
He don't slip and he don't slide...mainly cuase he's magnetized.....

Being unfamiliar with the song, I assumed the user was making up a poem. One summer while camping with a friend, I started with the words I remembered and tried to expand on it. I can't take all the credit, but here it is!

Dashboard Deity

(somewhat by GlitterBerri)

Plastic Jesus, he's my fellow
Comes in red & sometimes yellow
Sitting on the dashboard of my car

Don't care if it rains or freezes,
'cause I've got my plastic Jesus,
Weather will not my pal's beauty marr.

He cannot slip & he can't slide,
Mainly because he's magnetized,
Bobble-toy who died to save our sins.

I found mine by the road one day,
Now over me does he survey,
Bouncing out the tales of where he's been.

So when heading down life's highway,
Do your best to see things my way,
This synthetic savior is your man.

Nevermore be sad or dreary,
His strong grip will not grow weary,
Plastic Jesus is your diehard fan!

0 comments:

Content © 2006 - 2009 GlitterBerri except where otherwise stated. For more information or permission to repost contact berriblog@gmail.com.